DeClerk Tree Service recognizes that like many of us, sometimes we prefer to do things ourselves before seeking help of others.
DeClerk Tree Service offers quality tree and stump removal services that are available to you at a fair and reasonable price, however DeClerk Tree Service has put together some tips on how to safely go about removing your unwanted trees in Little Rock, AR.
While it’s not recommended to cut a tree yourself, if you’re going to proceed, the first thing you should do is assess the risk of the tree falling on anything other than the ground. You definitely do not want to cut the tree only to have it fall on your property, surrounding neighbors, or yourself. Once you are ready to go, you can start following these steps to safely cut down your tree.
- Determine how tall the tree is.
- Based on the height of the tree, decide on the direction you want the tree to fall.
- Clear the area in the fall-zone from any debris or anything that could be damaged.
- Tie one end of the rope to the tree at either the middle or above the middle.
- Hand the other end off to your friends and have them stand outside of the fall-zone at a safe distance.
- Cut a v-shaped notch into the tree on the side you want the tree to fall.
- The notch should be at roughly knee-height, should cut to the center of the tree and should look like a shallow “v”.
- Move to the other side of the tree and start slowly cutting into the tree until you meet your notch cut.
- When the tree starts to fall, quickly walk away from the tree at a 45 degree angle.
- If the tree doesn’t fall over all the way or gets caught on another tree, have your friends start pulling on the rope until the tree finally falls.
While DeClerk Tree Service doesn't recommend that you remove trees yourself, we want to make sure you stay safe while doing so.
DeClerk Tree Service has substantial experience removing trees and the tree experts at DeClerk Tree Service can help you with your pesky unwanted trees today!